I’ve got a little catching up to do. First of all we moved!! That’s been our focus for the past couple of weeks so here’s the Top ten highlights of our move:
10. We backed our moving truck into our (old) house the day before we left. Luckily we found someone to repair the damage to the house first thing in the next morning before the buyers moved in so it was all ok, but it was also just the icing on our stress cake that week. I was at that point where you just laugh like you have a screw loose because none of this really matters, but it’s all a huge deal.
8. Kent drove the moving truck with my car trailered behind it. I drove Kent’s truck with the dog in the back seat. It was a slow drive but we were just grateful to make it there safe.
7. We found a dog friendly hotel in southern Utah when we stopped for the night. Kent opted for two queen beds so Nora had her own bed and loved it. She usually doesn’t really sleep when we are in hotels, and keeps us awake all night. Not this time! Slept like a baby in her queen bed.
5. The first time we walked through was the day after we drove to Utah; one day prior to closing.
4. The new house wasn’t ready when we arrived and the agent hadn’t completed the repairs. It was super overwhelming to walk in for the first time and see it as a mess with no repairs completed. I was really grateful for the house but not prepared for the condition it was in. (Plus exhausted from selling and moving and dealing with our non-responsive agent from out of state.)
3. We told the agent we were not going to closing the next morning if we didn’t have paid receipts for all the repairs that were supposed to have already been completed; Found out at that point he hadn’t even ordered some of the items that he had previously said were on the way. We pushed back the closing, the agent finally pulled things together at the eleventh hour, and we signed later that day. It snowed on our way to the signing so we felt like we were officially back in Utah!
1. We moved in with the help of lots of family and we couldn’t love the house more! We once again saw the things we loved about it in the first place with all the clutter and repairs out of the way.
Here’s our happy little cottage. We love it! We are hopeful and excited to bring babies home here. We are extremely grateful to be here and to have so many amazingly generous friends and family who sent us off with so much love, and helped us pack, clean, and move both in Arizona and here in Utah. We are genuinely overwhelmed with graditude everyday that this huge change in our life has been made so comfortable by others.
And Nora got settled in to her new space.
Tomorrow we are leaving on a trip (watch my instagram if you want to follow along on our adventure!) and then we will be back with just a couple weeks to decorate the new house for Christmas. We are jamming everything we can into the last couple months of 2017!